Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best software to draw schematic ,,,
P.S : Eagle is Not accepted :)

Welcome to electro-tech, Elecman2000!
At the moment, I am using ExpressSCH, and though it may not be the best software out there, it works and IT'S FREE! Here's a link:

It is a good place to start, anyway.
Have fun, and keep posting!
Der Strom

Problem with ExpressPCB software is it won't output Gerber files, you're pretty much stuck with using their service.

This is very true. I have had trouble with this as well, but if it is mainly for your own use then it is a good place to start. I have the ExpressPCB software, but I am still searching for an alternative. I look forward to reading other replies to this thread :)
Der Strom

Last edited:
But....if you just want to draw schematics, I find ExpressPCB almost intuitive to use, has a reasonable component library, and it's easy to modify or create any components not in the library.

Ken

What do you suggest !!! My Budjet is 10$ ,,, I am Egyption so in Egypt 10$=50 L.E Egyption currency

Stick with Eagle CAD. Personally I can't stand the interface but the price is right and people that can use it can produce amazing results.

I use Sprint Layout (manual routing) but I really like the workflow. It's about 40 euro.

All my schematics are made with Microsoft Paint program.
Straight lines are made by holding the SHIFT key down. Most parts are copied and pasted from other schematics of datasheets.
Here is one schematic made with Microsoft Paint program:

Attachments

• Sound Level Indicator schematic.PNG
    Sound Level Indicator schematic.PNG
    64.3 KB · Views: 511
Scrooge,

That is one sweet looking schematic. But...for a beginner to start from scratch would be a real pain. Do you have a library of components you'd care to share with them and us?

Ken

Hello Elecman,

Free is a good price for a student on a tight budget. I have a full blown Orcad package that cost a packet when I got it about 11 years ago; it paid for itself over time, but is a pain to use at times and various boardhouses are a trial and error issue with rather long turn times; worst case was a 4000 panel order with 2000 panels over etched (double line run) with a 3+ week wait so my client was very unhappy.

I've been using ExpressPCB for about the last 5 years for most projects. The reason is simple. It's much easier to use, ExpressPCB has great turn time for their product, minimal and competative cost and provides top quality boards. Quality and turn time are my highest priorities. Those priorities may vary from person to person. But free is still free. It won't cost you anything to try it out, and the learning curve is not very steep at all.

Thx for Help

I think ExpressPCB is very good and is quite easy plus you can draw components that dont exist ........ ThQ all for HelP

Why don't you use KiCad? See the link below. It is a free tool.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back