Schematic diagram. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vcc and the Ground symbol. If that thing puts out 4W, I'll eat my hat.

The battery is shown at the upper left corner. The ground symbols throughout the schematic mean those wires are connected to the negative side of the battery. The positive bus is shown going along the top of the schematic (connected to the + side of the battery symbol).

I agree with MikeMl. With only 2 transistors I doubt you'll get 4W. What you have there is an extremely basic circuit. Audioguru would be the one to ask though. I don't do much with analog circuitry.

As for buying resistors and capacitors, we really couldn't say since you don't have your location listed under your profile. I could say RadioShack, but if you live in China or something you won't have a RadioShack. We need to know your general location in order to tell you where to buy your parts.

Regards,
Matt

The radio output power of that simple FM transmitter is fairly low but it might draw 4W from a 14.4V battery.

I find scrapped electronic goods to be a good source of resistors, capacitors and other devices, if you can live with the short leads - free source of parts for experimentation and learning. SMD's are harder to to get off - heat gun and knife seem to work well, but not hard to use if you can deal with the tiny sizes.

Stabilised tendency of catering

What do they mean with that?
The project is at www.electronics-lab.com which is a Greek site. The author of the project is a Greek guy who no speeky zee Engrish.
I think translation sofware messed up the words.
Many of the Greek projects and some Greek kits there have awful English like that.

It's a somewhat famous RF choke that looks something like this, I believe:

You can sometimes still find them in old electronics. Not sure if you can buy them new anymore....

Again, AG would be the one to say for sure

You are copying a copy (from a kit maker) of the original awful circuit. Look at the original circuit instead.
I posted a link to Electronics-Lab where the original author posted the project but the Engrish is awful. The article is also written in Greek so find a Greek electronics person to translate it to you.
Here is what the author said about the RF choke:

Attachments

• RF choke.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 142
There are thousands of FM transmitter circuits on the internet. Some of them work.

But why did you select a copy of one designed by a person on the other side of the world who does not speeeeeky your language????

I live in a suburb of Toronto, Canada. There are maybe 50 or 60 FM radio stations all around. When I tested my FM transmitter I had to use the frequency of a foreign language station that is on the other side of Toronto so I was causing illegal interference. The RF cops did not catch me and I never used my FM transmitter again.

Even if you transmit on a vacant frequency the transmitter might get bumped or it might fall on the floor then it might cause interference with local radio stations.
Its harmonics might cause interference with police, ambulance or airplane controllers communications.
Thewrefore you must have a licence and use a certified radio transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…