Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic Diagram of Black and White TV Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

I need schematic diagram of black and white tv receiver for better understanding..
Infact my subject is "TV Receivers"
60% part of the subject is about Black and White TV Receivers.
i have a local book in our market but it is not good. Diagrams are Wrong, wiring missing not enough good material.

I also use Google but not good result.

I need Simple and easy schematic diagram of black and white tv receiver for better understanding of any model.
The objective is to understand how different blocks works and what is behind the blocks( i mean simple schematic diagram of circuits)...

share Any link, any file, any picture, any pdf file etc etc that can help me please. But these should be free. Cuz when dollars converted to in our currency it became in thousands and it is not possiable for me to pay..

B&W tv? I think those went out when the Apollo moon missions ended!

HiTech said:
B&W tv? I think those went out when the Apollo moon missions ended!

Then YOU try and do some high res machine vision algorithms in 3 channels! I'll stick to my pixels that only have one assigned numerical value, thank you very much!

It is probably best to learn about how a black and white TV works before jumping into colour TV stuff.

I remember watching a B+W TV but I can't remember if its tubes lasted 1 month or 3 months.
I remember testing its tubes at the corner store and wondering if I should replace the ones that were a little weak. The next time I tested them they were dead.

Hasn't TV improved a lot over the years?

That's an interesting combination of languages Audioguru? - you spell 'colour' correctly, yet call valves 'tubes' - is that the Canadian way?.

BTW, valve life in TV sets was usually years, they obviously weren't as reliable as transistors, but they weren't too bad at all. Interestingly enough America seemed to carry on producing valve TV sets years after Europe had gone all transistor.

audioguru said:
Hasn't TV improved a lot over the years?
The technology has improved for sure but I don't know about the programmes.

Nigel Goodwin said:
That's an interesting combination of languages Audioguru? - you spell 'colour' correctly, yet call valves 'tubes' - is that the Canadian way
Canada was a British Crown Colony.
Our national anthem used to be God Save The Queen until awhile ago.
Our flag was your thing and Jack until awhile ago.
Your Queen is still on some of our coins and paper money.
We spell most words like Brits but have an English accent like some Americans (not the hill-billies nor the cotton-pickers).

EDIT: Our flag was your Union Jack.

Last edited:
audioguru said:
Canada was a British Crown Colony.
Our national anthem used to be God Save The Queen until awhile ago.
Our flag was your thing and Jack until awhile ago.
Your Queen is still on some of our coins and paper money.
We spell most words like Brits but have an English accent like some Americans (not the hill-billies nor the cotton-pickers).

EDIT: Our flag was your Union Jack.

America was a colony as well (apart that they seperated a little less easily!) - it didn't stop them altering the language somewhat?.

Ayne said:
share Any link, any file, any picture, any pdf file etc etc that can help me please. But these should be free. Cuz when dollars converted to in our currency it became in thousands and it is not possiable for me to pay..

Ayne; so is it a secret in which country you are? Please update your Public Profile; it makes forums so much nicer when you know a little bit about the person you are writing to.

Nigel Goodwin said:
There's nothing wrong with "I Love Lucy" :p
Lucy's hometown is a stonethrow from me. Their tourism dept. has billboards advertising for folks to visit the town and see a museum dedicated to her. As a young kid, I enjoyed her sitcoms, but anymore today I'd rather slap and abuse her just as her hubby, Desi did!:eek: :rolleyes:

As for AG testing tubes at the corner store, LMAO that brings back memories of my childhood walking into the drug store with my parents. To pass the time I'd often play around with the tube tester near the back wall. I had hoped that I could get it to spark or something disasterous!! :eek: :D

I request for the block diagram of a black and white TV, Color TV and Heterodyne radio receiver, and the functions of each block.

This is to help me understand them better.

The North American HDTV system is digital. Old "normal" TVs were analog.
They are completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back