Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCANALOGIC-2 is out after months and months of hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

Hello everybody!

Well, some of you have seen the old SCANALOGIC 1, and knew i was working on SCANALOGIC 2, so here it is!

The idea is still to have a simple 4 channels logic analyzer... but with much better sampling rates, buffer depth, triggering options.

I also introduced that very new "Mixed mode" where you can generate on 2 channels, while capturing on 2 other channels, at the same time!

the PC software also has a data generation wizard, allowing you to generate all kind of PWM, FM, UART and serial sequences..

This is the beginning of a long story for me, as i am launching my own company "IKALOGIC" based on this project.

The official launching is only in about 10 days, that's why not all help files are done yet.. but i am informing electro-tech in avant premiere! ;)

Here is the link for the project : **broken link removed**

Works for me. Any plans to go 8 bit/channels on your analyzer?

Last edited:
Works for me. Any plans to go 8 bit/channels on your analyzer?

Well, no. Simply because there are many 8bit analyzers out there, and we don't want to re-invent the wheel.

SCNALAOGIC 2 is intended be a low budget solution, while being effective enough for most everyday use

Works for me too. Looks like a great product! Good luck and please keep us in the loop, if you're not too busy.

Thanks brownOut!

Yes i am very busy! never been more busy in my whole life!

I just finished the complete online help: **broken link removed**

It just seems strange to stop at 4. With micro controller based logic analyzers it's nearly as easy to do 4 bits as it is to do eight.

Last edited:
It just seems strange to stop at 4. With micro controller based logic analyzers it's nearly as easy to do 4 bits as it is to do eight.

Well.. that's the whole point.. SCANALOGIC-2 does not work like most micro controller based LAs..IT uses 4 serial SRAMS, one for each channel, so, each additionnal channel would mean more SRAMs. Besides, there are many 8 channels LAs out there, we wanted to build a simple, small and light package. 4 channels is more than enough for monitoring all kind of serial communications, or generate PWM on 3 channels to test RGB LEDs...

Looks great to me.

Good luck with your company. (means more work and forgot about vacation the next five years. :))

Boncuk

If you take a look at this page: **broken link removed** there are schematics, you will understand why SCANALOGIC is a 4 bit oriented device ...

Last edited:
Unfortunately as I browse your site, it does no good to anyone outside of Europe because you have no distributors.

Unfortunately as I browse your site, it does no good to anyone outside of Europe because you have no distributors.
Well.. i am in deep negociations with some minor ones.. and some major ones like SparkFun...

By the way, if someone here has a store in US or CANADA, and is interrested, i can send him a sample device to test it, and if satisfied become my distributor there... :)

Sparkfun would be a good one in my opinion. I'd definitly buy from them.

Last edited:
By the way, if someone here has a store in US or CANADA, and is interrested, i can send him a sample device to test it, and if satisfied become my distributor there... :)

How about South-East-Asia and small series (and later mass) production in Thailand? Your price would be unbeatably low for good quality production which of course I will supervise.

If you're interested please PM me. I'm not much interested in high profit, but more to help a forum member get the right start for his company.

I know how hard it is to get started and to get a foot into the door.

Your European neighbor (Germany) just happening to live in Thailand.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back