Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Savonius wind generator blade designs, help :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaki

i need help with making my savonius wind generator blade different is there any way to make it spin faster??? or is there any special design that is better than this one on this site??? i use this site to build my Savonius wind generator so if you have any ideas of how i could make it better or better looking please post =) **broken link removed**

Last edited:
The one I built sunday needs more wind then what we've had so far. I can blow on it to get it spinning a little, air compressor makes it go really fast. But I need to see it spin outdoors with natural wind.
The savorius rotor produces more torque then speed, consider gears or pulleys to get more speed. It'll spin regardless of wind direction, and doesn't need to point itself in any direction, compared to most.
This was my first, so might be a failure (hate it when nature doesn't cooperate). I made it small for a yard decoration, flash some LEDs.

pulley's are basically little wheels with a track around the outside for a belt to sit in and spin with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back