Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Satellite signal time shifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneevanb

Can anyone out there help?
I need to insert a device between a satellite dish and receiver in order to set a delay between received signal and output to screens.
This is for artistic display to screens where there is a variable delay from approx 15 seconds and max 120 seconds which can be controlled.

I can buy on market DRV system which controls record/delay/send to screens but these only work on each selected channel being recorded or viewed.
I need to have a buffer on the cable before the receiver so that I can control output on all channels signals being picked up by the dish LNB.

Any cheap and easy ideas needed a s a p

Regards to all

wayneevanb

wayneevanb said:
Can anyone out there help?
I need to insert a device between a satellite dish and receiver in order to set a delay between received signal and output to screens.
This is for artistic display to screens where there is a variable delay from approx 15 seconds and max 120 seconds which can be controlled.

I can buy on market DRV system which controls record/delay/send to screens but these only work on each selected channel being recorded or viewed.
I need to have a buffer on the cable before the receiver so that I can control output on all channels signals being picked up by the dish LNB.

Any cheap and easy ideas needed a s a p

I would say that there are no cheap or easy solutions!. I've never heard of any device which could do this, but as you already know you have to record the signal and play it back after a time delay - doing this at video level isn't trivial, but with modern harddrive technology is becoming common place. Doing it for wideband signals in the GHz range is probably beyond current technology - and likely to remain so, as it's not really something anyone would want to do (except you!).

I can only suggest putting a harddrive recorder on the output of each satellite receiver.

you could use a high spec PC, with several tv-tuners in. Each could record any channel you wanted, and these recordings could be played back, using several different screens (you would need as many graphics cards as you would have tv tuners though).

thinking about it, this would probably be alot more expensive than a hard disk, or DVD-Ram recorder, so prob a stupid idea, but anyway, its alternative for you to think about.

Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back