Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SAP(Simple As Possible )computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanor

a peaceful day to everybody!!!!!

i have a reseach here about the SAP1 or the simple As possible computer....now I need a complete mapping of internal circuitry of that computer...but unluckily I can't find one in our library....can somebody please help me find the complete internal circuitry of the SAP1

thanks

hi...

Hi eleanor,

Can you help me about the internal circuitry of the 74LS189. Do you have it.
This is to be use in my final project in SAP1 to be pass next week...

We need to construct all circuitry of the SAP1 but unfortunately the 74LS189 is not available. Can you help me.

If you like to reply...this is my email address-earlbesario@yahoo.com

eleanor said:

i have a reseach here about the SAP1 or the simple As possible computer....now I need a complete mapping of internal circuitry of that computer...but unluckily I can't find one in our library....can somebody please help me find the complete internal circuitry of the SAP1

thanks
Is the SAP1 a published design that you think we should be aware of? I have read many books by many authors with pedagogical computer designs but this is a new one on me.

Could we kill the repeat requests for the 74LS189 datasheet please!

**broken link removed**

Is about as good as you get. Take the block diagram, and work out how the individual blocks work if you want the "internal circuit diagram". This I think came from the TI TTL data book circa 1980 (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I personally haven't come accross the device, although I know people who have.

Simple computer - look to Atmel / Microchip etc. Want to build a computer from descrete logic then don't use a 74LS189, use some fast RAM. I built an 8 bit "TTL logic" computer about 15 years ago, with a RISC instruction set etc. Took a brief case to carry it around, but it could perform at the level of a modern PIC chip, without the bells and whistles.

i have a reseach here about the SAP or the simple As possible computer....now I need a complete mapping of internal circuitry of that computer...but unluckily I can't find one in our library....can somebody please help me find the complete internal circuitry of the SAP1

thanks

Wow!

There is one hell of an echo in here!

JimB

Better the echo in here than between your ears.

Yes there is a lot of repeat questions, or copy paste questions.

Amusing, 5 years and identical post. :)

Ron

Perhaps someone is trying to boost their page hit rate here? Things like this always make me suspicious that these aren't just folks seeking information, but Internet gold-miners trying to ca$h in. (On what, I have no frigging idea.)

The topic has been around for a long time. It turns up in several forums as well if I recall correctly. Request about it seem to originate in the PI.

Back to 2005 in another world: :)

SAP 1 schematic
hi folks,

i need a SAP 1 (simple as possible) computer schematic circuit.

can you help me with this one?

Just weird to see the copy and paste.

Ron

I expect it is teaching related. Such things are used to teach computer architecture and such.

Yeah, it's part of someone's assignment. Just humorous to see it as a copy and paste with a 5 year gap. :)

Ron

Yeah, it's part of someone's assignment. Just humorous to see it as a copy and paste with a 5 year gap. :)

Lazy students can't even bother to write their own request ...

If it were up to me, I'd do away with that whole homework forum. Aren't people going to school supposed to figure out things on their own? And if they need help, well, that's why [insert name of deity here] created teachers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazy students can't even bother to write their own request ...

If it were up to me, I'd do away with that whole homework forum. Aren't people going to school supposed to figure out things on their own? And if they need help, well, that's why [insert name of deity here] created teachers.

Right now likely 50% of Homework ends up in other sections anyway. :) You can tell as soon as you read the post. As to helping someone with homework, I have no problem with it as long as we don't confuse "help" with "do". Anyway, another topic for another thread.

Oh Gee, be still my little heart, case in point.
I wonder if they want fries with that order?

Ron

Last edited:
We will get these posts with or without the Home Work Forum. The Homework forum acts as a honeypot by directing some of the homework related question away from the other forums. It is not a 100% solution but it has helped. If we openly state we do not help with homework the tricky little students will attempt to fool us which is even more annoying.

Each member is free to choose to help on not help people with their homework. Doing the homework is strongly discouraged. (moderator)

Last edited:
So it's a homework assignment?

I would hazard a guess that as this question has been posted in the 'correct' Homework Forum, it is a homework question.:rolleyes:

The Homework Forum was opened at the request of the older more experienced members, in an attempt to funnel most homework questions away from the other Forums, it's not a catch all, but it does work most of the time.

If you suspect a question is homework based, you have a number of options,,
ignore it, answer it fully, giving all the answers or as most of the experienced members, give hints or a little guidance and see how the thread develops.

As for the 'latest' OP on this thread, I would suggest for a S.A.P., they buy an Abacus or Slide Rule.;)

On the topic of this post: What would be a SAP computer?

I'm thinking something like a 555 driving a 16 bit binary counter connected to some addressable SRAM (64K - thinking all 74xxx logic here, more or less), where the data values read from the RAM would either cause the value at the location to be changed, or it would change the counter's value in some manner (jump), plus a few other simple operations . I'm pretty sure you would need a few more support components, and of course some way to enter the data into the memory - but in short, I think with a handful of old-school TTL chips and various other simple parts, you would essentially end up with a 4 or 5 "instruction" UTM (with limited memory, unfortunately).

Wish I had the time to throw something like this together - it would also be one helluva learning/teaching opportunity, as well!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back