Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sanyo dp42849 no back ligth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ealequi

i check voltage on main and power supply, i am getting the 5v and the 12. I i have video and audio but no back light.

Common faults on inverters are SM fuses, and transformers.

Invariably no circuits are available, but if you download the datasheet for the chips used there's usually enough information in there.

were can i get the inf. how to repair it?

You probably can't - most you can do (if you can do that?) is download the datasheet for the inverter chips - with that information you 'may' be able to temporarily disable the various shut-down facilities of the chip, in order to be able to get more idea what is happening.

I was able to get one working today by unsoldering the bad transformer from the inverter board. Mine was on a phillips 32" has been working fine then started to randomly shut off but still had audio. A quick test with my diy ring tester found the bad transformer. I ended up having to unsolder a pair of them even though only one was bad as mine are run in pairs in the circuit.

Does yours come on briefly when you first plug in the set? if so its probably not fuses, more likely the board is shutting itself down to avoid more damage.

I have another set that the inverter board was fried on I ended up replacing the fluorescent bulbs with those cheap smd led strips from ebay (12$ for 15') they run on 12v, I just tied them to the 12v supply for the inverter and left it unhooked

Last edited:
i keep a large stock of invertor transformers....failed transformers are common and easy to diagnose-some faults however can be due to ageing /faultybacklights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back