Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sanyo 50" Plasma TV Model DP50747

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue1999p38

When I bought this TV it had a vertical line. Basically the line is a couple inches to the right of center and is about 3 inches wide. The stripe from left to right is one inch of black, 1/8th inch purple, 1/2 inch snow, 1/8th inch green and 2 inches of black. I donot have the TV wired to cable so the snow stripe maybe not a stripe but the same as the rest of the screen (snow). I have been searching for information on this problem but I have not found anything to point me in the right direction. I read that this TV is made by Samsung and when I took the back off, all of the components (PCBs) have Samsung on them. have seen several posts about the power supply for these TVs but that doesn't address my problem.

I am willing to replace components but I don't know where to start. I have examined all of the capacitors and I do not see any bulging or physical leakage. None of the other components appear to be burnt or melted etc...

As a side note I recently replaced components within the electronic control units in my Range Rover and remedied an electrical malfunction I was experiencing with the transmission. If I can assist anyone with a similar automotive issue I would be glad to help.
thank you for any assistance with this TV.

It's probably the column drive transistors (hence the vertical lines) I doubt it's practical to replace them if they're even something external to the display, they could be embeded within the display itself. Detailed pictures of the display would be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back