Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sangamd capacitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxer4

Anyone still have datasheets for Sangamd capacitors?
I'm wondering about typical ESR for the type DCM, type DCMX and type 500 Sangamd capacitors I have lying around.

These capacitors are fairly large (C(in microfarads)*WVDC>100000) and old. Wanted to use them a capacitive discharge welder, and I don't want them exploding when I initiate the weld :D

I'm figuring that they're not low ESR as they're all marked "Misapplication Hazardous" ... but then again any large capacitor can be dangerous.

boxer4 said:
Anyone still have datasheets for Sangamd capacitors?
I'm wondering about typical ESR for the type DCM, type DCMX and type 500 Sangamd capacitors I have lying around.

These capacitors are fairly large (C(in microfarads)*WVDC>100000) and old. Wanted to use them a capacitive discharge welder, and I don't want them exploding when I initiate the weld :D

I'm figuring that they're not low ESR as they're all marked "Misapplication Hazardous" ... but then again any large capacitor can be dangerous.

hi,
Maybe this thread will help.:)
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=43844

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back