Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung tv what the heck (screen problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stk2008

Hi all I hope some one has seen this issue before.

My dad has an LCD screen that has issues with the picture as you can see

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

the screen dont looked damaged I think but I wonder if its the control board.

any ideas please

Thanks

EDIT

its been under the stairs for months hence the dust :p

Last edited:
Yeah, the vertical control board. My brother in law had a similar issue with a display of his, the replacement board cost more than the unit was worth and no cause for the failure of the board was ever found so even if he replaced it there's no saying that the true cause of the boards failure wouldn't happen again. What's left of it is now safely in my stack of parts to be bulk desoldered for reuse =)

darn oh well thanks for the reply IF I can get a cheap board I may try but other than that parts it is.

Thanks

EDIT

Sorry what is the LVDS BOARD do and is this the part?.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be a pain but I have taken it apart and as suspected nothing stands out I have checked for loose connections of the ribbon cables but they seemed ok.

what does the vertical control board look like in a le32a457 tv?

thanks

EDIT

I just checked fuse F1 on this board and its ok

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
UPDATE

I have just taken the LCD screen out and the layers of film that go between the screen and the lamp and there wet there is some kind of fluid in between it.

I hope its not the LCD liquid (the screen dont look cracked) or it may be water or cleaner hence this caused the problem.

If it is the LCD liquid is this dangerous as I have touched it?.

Thanks

Sorry to keep going on I have tested it again and still the same.

Its funny because when I very first turn in on its fine then 10 seconds or so later it developes the problem you see in the pictures in my first post.

If I replace this **broken link removed** would this POSSIBLY fix it?.

thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back