Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

samsung thermistor and a few resistors blown what where are the replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IKROWNI

hello i have a 67" samsung dlp tv

model # HL-T6756W
Model Code # HLT6756WX/XAA

Problem: I turn tv on the picture looks great for about 30 seconds then tv turns itself off then back on this process happens about 3 times before finally shutting off completely.

My Diagnosis: checked balast, resit light housing, held safety switch into the up position, checked power board.

the power board had some visible issues. in the top left corner of the board there was this thermistor

**broken link removed**

which came from this area of the board

**broken link removed**

in the center of the board there were 3 resistors that i removed

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

now i know these pieces most likely need to be replaced but can anyone give me links to the exact pieces that are needed to do the job, and also will there be anything else i would need to look for since these pieces have blown, looking closesly at the board where i removed the pieces the board looks a lil browned no other caps look to be bulging anywhere. any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated anymore info that yall might need i can try my best to give.

i havent tested them i just figured they were bad since the board around them was looking all burned up

any ideas to what may be causing the tv to turn on and off like that then? ive heard other people say they had the same problem and it was fixed by replacing things like the color wheel, the bulb, and the light processor but i was just thinking it wouldnt be any of those things since the tv looks great for about 30 seconds while i had it disassembled i hear a sound coming from the ballast board and there is a part in there that lights up it looks like a little resistor that is transparent that has electric lighting up the inside of it and the sound seems to come from it as well. ill make a short video and post it up here for you to see that as well

Last edited:
I'm guessing the power supply is going into a shut-down state repeatedly because of an external overload or an internal fault.
there is a part in there that lights up it looks like a little resistor that is transparent that has electric lighting up the inside of it and the sound seems to come from it as well
Perhaps a gas discharge tube that clamps over-voltage?

Edit: My post crossed with yours. If the light you are referring to is the one that flashes bottom right of the screen, then it looks like an LED flashing an error code. You need to check online for the error codes relating to your particular TV model. That should indicate at least the general area of the fault.

Last edited:
heres a video of what she looks like with the back panel taken off

and another video with an upclose shot of the balast where a wierd noise/light comes from

as to the post above what kind of tests or pics do i need to determine the problem do you think?im not completely apposed to purchasing a new part for the tv but i just wanna make sure its the correct one before i do

Last edited by a moderator:
any ideas to what may be causing the tv to turn on and off like that then? ive heard other people say they had the same problem and it was fixed by replacing things like the color wheel, the bulb, and the light processor but i was just thinking it wouldnt be any of those things since the tv looks great for about 30 seconds while i had it disassembled i hear a sound coming from the ballast board and there is a part in there that lights up it looks like a little resistor that is transparent that has electric lighting up the inside of it and the sound seems to come from it as well. ill make a short video and post it up here for you to see that as well

Sorry, no - DLP sets are really pretty obscure - but as with most projectors the faults are usually to do with the lamp and optical sections.

Has the lamp been changed?, isn't it supposed to be changed after so many hours use?.

no the bulb was never changed but wouldnt the bulb just stop working all together if the bulb was no good? also im not doubting anyone about those pieces i removed but why is the area around them all burnt up looking? i also reset the lamp timer like another person suggested to me before but it didnt change anything. i called smasung and they said that if it were the bulb there would be an error code on the front leds letting me know it. they said if it were the color whell picture would be messed up and i would most likely here a really annoying sound coming from the tv.another person said try a bigger power cable sounded dumb but i did try it to no avail. ive looked at every cap on the entire tv and none look bulging or leaking. and the fuse seems to be fine and not blown as well. i guess its just time to make the decision of junking the thing or ill try buying a new power supply and if that doesnt work idk what imma do.

Last edited:
i called smasung and they said that if it were the bulb there would be an error code on the front leds letting me know it.
See my Edit in post #7. What error code are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back