Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung Rear Projection TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centretek

Hi all.
I was just given a Samsung Rear projection CRT television (Model: SP-43T5HP).
It works almost perfectly, EXCEPT, the image from the blue tube bows down from the top (20% of screen height in the centre). The convergence controls have virtually no effect on this tube.
Since this is the first one I have ever played with, has any guru out there have any possible solutions.
The Samsung website (as usual) is useless.
Thanx heaps
Allan

I've never rated projection sets, and never seen one yet with a decent picture, but apparently a common fault is failure of the power IC's that drive the convergence coils - these are usually large hybrid chips like the STK audio amplifiers.

I'm very pleased that such sets are now pretty well obselete, with Sony stopping all their production :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back