Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung LE32S73BDX Faulty, not capacitors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidy-

Hi, I have a faulty TV pretty much nothing known about the history of it. Picked it up off ebay hoping that it was just going to be a matter of swapping out some caps and its good to go.... obviously not.

TV turned up in a horrible state (far from advertised) and I am in 2 minds whether to send it them back despite it being a spares & repairs add.

but non the less I am still searching for the fault.

I have had all the significantly sized capacitors off the board and tested and they all ready +/- 10% of the value with the exception of one with a minor deformation a the top of the cap which read down 50% on its recorded value I exchanged that for a cap twice the size (all I had to hand) (1000uf 10v read 560uf exchanged with a 2200uf 35v)

when the TV is powered up the power light flashes on and off standard 'Samsung error' but when I hit the power button the light goes solid and stays there indefinitely.

I have look at all the circuitry and nothing is standing out to me, however I still have the underlying suspicion that the power board is faulty.

when turned on one of the 2 large transformers quietly whistles (only way I can describe it very unlike a whistle lol) but I am struggling to discern which one it is but am leaning to wards the bottom (smaller of the two)

check the picture out.

please note when testing I did have the screen cable attached to the S socket on the pic.

**broken link removed**

another thing to note is when only the screen and the power board were connected and the power supply turned on the was an audible pop and have subsequently had every board out and looked at them all to see nothing awry

I am not awful at electronics but by no means great, I can test anything within reason but I just need a heads up in where to start looking first

thanks in advance, Reidy-

Sorry, but you haven't tested the capacitors at all - checking them for value is useless. The only way is to check them is for high ESR, using an ESR meter.

However, failure of the capacitors often causes other damage - most commonly trashing the EEPROM on the main board, but can cause other damage as well.

As the official 'repair' procedure from Samsung is to replace the board, it tends to render the sets scrap - even assuming the board is still available (many aren't).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back