Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung LCD27 s7

Status
Not open for further replies.

58martin

My LCD just stopped working! first i just had sound then nothing. the red light is on flashes for 4-5 seconds then goes out turn of tv and the red light appears. Any susgestions power board?
regards Mart

They tend to have a lot of bad Caps. I'm not sure what the problem is but, it's cheap to replace them as a starter.

They will most likely be in the power supply.

After that it become a bit more complicated. They don't have a lot of good support to get replacement circuit boards. You will not find good support on anything actually in or out of warranty.

Just so you know. I have a 32" Samsung myself and I'm biting my nails to the point you are at now. You and me are in the same "boat" adrift in an Ocean of PooP.

:Wink: This Thread should be in the Repairing Electronics Forum. "Clue" it's 10 forums up from this one.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info
I tried to change the capactors! but not happy with one conection i may have damaged the area where the pin of one of th capactors came through the board.do you think a new board will work?
mart

Show me a picture. Let's see how bad it is most likely you can use a jumper from that side to the other point where the trace goes.

May not be that bad.

I took pictures but not good i did manage to have a close look with a magnifying glass and saw the circuit i think I soldered it ok to the capacitor, i powered up and the red light was on after pressing the on button the light then flashes 3-4 times then goes out and a red light came on circuit board BN40 00080A !
so any more sugestions?
Mart

I took pictures but not good i did manage to have a close look with a magnifying glass and saw the circuit i think I soldered it ok to the capacitor, i powered up and the red light was on after pressing the on button the light then flashes 3-4 times then goes out and a red light came on circuit board BN40 00080A !
so any more sugestions?
Mart

Most likely it's going into shutdown and you may have other problems. This should be posted in the repairing electronics forum. But, I really don't think your going to be able to accomplish much if your not able to get the right circuit boards.

Someone familiar with Samsung fault codes may have a clue where your problem might be.

kv

Thanks for your advice i will attempt to post it into the repairing electronics.
again thanks
looks like a new tv for my daughter
mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back