Samsung LCD27 s7

Status
Not open for further replies.

58martin

My LCD just stopped working! first i just had sound then nothing. the red light is on flashes for 4-5 seconds then goes out turn of tv and the red light appears. Any susgestions power board?
regards Mart

They tend to have a lot of bad Caps. I'm not sure what the problem is but, it's cheap to replace them as a starter.

They will most likely be in the power supply.

After that it become a bit more complicated. They don't have a lot of good support to get replacement circuit boards. You will not find good support on anything actually in or out of warranty.

Just so you know. I have a 32" Samsung myself and I'm biting my nails to the point you are at now. You and me are in the same "boat" adrift in an Ocean of PooP.

:Wink: This Thread should be in the Repairing Electronics Forum. "Clue" it's 10 forums up from this one.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info
I tried to change the capactors! but not happy with one conection i may have damaged the area where the pin of one of th capactors came through the board.do you think a new board will work?
mart

Show me a picture. Let's see how bad it is most likely you can use a jumper from that side to the other point where the trace goes.

May not be that bad.

I took pictures but not good i did manage to have a close look with a magnifying glass and saw the circuit i think I soldered it ok to the capacitor, i powered up and the red light was on after pressing the on button the light then flashes 3-4 times then goes out and a red light came on circuit board BN40 00080A !
so any more sugestions?
Mart

Most likely it's going into shutdown and you may have other problems. This should be posted in the repairing electronics forum. But, I really don't think your going to be able to accomplish much if your not able to get the right circuit boards.

Someone familiar with Samsung fault codes may have a clue where your problem might be.

kv

Thanks for your advice i will attempt to post it into the repairing electronics.
again thanks
looks like a new tv for my daughter
mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…