Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung B2330 monitor help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xan3x

I have a Samsung B2330 monitor , the problem i have is that when I turn on computer i see the screen for a sec and then it goes black. I used a different monitor and it works fine. I hooked it up to my verizon tv box with hdmi 1 and same symptom comes on for a sec then goes black ,it stays powered on, If I hit button ex: the source button it displays the sources I can choose them but when I do picture comes on for a sec then goes black. It just seems like its not holding the vid signals from computer or verizon fios box. Could it be the interface board? Is there a site anyone knows of that I can buy parts if necessary?

Last edited:
You need to get a Service Manual. Try **broken link removed**

I have a Samsung B2330 monitor , the problem i have is that when I turn on computer i see the screen for a sec and then it goes black. I used a different monitor and it works fine. I hooked it up to my verizon tv box with hdmi 1 and same symptom comes on for a sec then goes black ,it stays powered on, If I hit button ex: the source button it displays the sources I can choose them but when I do picture comes on for a sec then goes black. It just seems like its not holding the vid signals from computer or verizon fios box. Could it be the interface board? Is there a site anyone knows of that I can buy parts if necessary?

One possibility would be a faulty tube (assuming it uses CCFL's), LCD sets generally shut down if they detect a failed tube.

One possibility would be a faulty tube (assuming it uses CCFL's), LCD sets generally shut down if they detect a failed tube.
Its not powering off , its like it don't like vid signals, when it goes black u can press buttons on it and they work.

Its not powering off , its like it don't like vid signals, when it goes black u can press buttons on it and they work.

I think I confused you, by 'shut down' I was referring to the inverter that feeds the CCFL's - some sets do shut down the entire set (and flash an error code) but small Samsung's commonly just shut the inverter down.

It's often possible to prove if that's the case by downloading the datasheet for the inverter IC, from that it's often possible to disable the protection to prove that's what's wrong. However, you mustn't use the set like that, it's a fire hazard (I've seen some good burn ups caused by it).

I think I confused you, by 'shut down' I was referring to the inverter that feeds the CCFL's - some sets do shut down the entire set (and flash an error code) but small Samsung's commonly just shut the inverter down.

It's often possible to prove if that's the case by downloading the datasheet for the inverter IC, from that it's often possible to disable the protection to prove that's what's wrong. However, you mustn't use the set like that, it's a fire hazard (I've seen some good burn ups caused by it).
So what should I do I don't want to pay a vendor to fix it.

Do you feel capable of disabling the protection circuit to prove if it's a duff CCFL or not?.

Assuming that is the fault, are you able to source a tube and replace it - generally tubes aren't available, nor are they easy to change.

It's likely any service agent would just write the set off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back