Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SAMSUNG 42" TV DEAd

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsg21

Hello,

Today my TV just turned off itself, making a loud noise (something like a bulb blowing). I thought maybe the fuse of the mains plug is dead but that seemed to be fine. What can be wrong.

42" samsung

1st pull your DMM out and start some troubleshooting.

Could be PS is in a short status.:D

Repairs on Samsung consist of replacing the boards, they don't seem to supply components to repair the boards.

Common faults with Samsung are high ESR capacitors (but cause further damage), they tend to use the abysmal quality Capxon electrolytics.

Hello,

Today my TV just turned off itself, making a loud noise (something like a bulb blowing). I thought maybe the fuse of the mains plug is dead but that seemed to be fine. What can be wrong.

What model?! :eek:
I have a 42" samsung TV(plasma tv).:)

Common problem in Samsung is a 2200 uF cap on power supply board . There is a service bulletin to install a higher voltage cap. If I remember, the original was 16 wvdc and changed to 25 wvdc 2200 uF cap. Look for a dome top (over pressured) or split top on cap (case split to relieve pressure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back