Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Saleae logic analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabeNC

Just picked one up, great little tool. Was surprised how small the actual unit was, downloaded the latest software for linux and it actually worked without a hitch. It's not going to replace my 475 scope but I might be reaching for this thing more often.

I have had one for more then year and love it. It is good to see that at least one linux user has purchased it. They burned a lot of development time getting to linux that could have been used to improve the product.

I really like the decoding of the protocols, very slick.

About linux, I hear ya. I do unix admin for a living and love it but I understand the economics of developing something for a (possibly) small percentage of the user base.

Had one for a year or more also. I've found it an extremely useful tool, and the software quite intuative to use which I like.

Also got the IKA Scanalogic tool recently. Got it because I wanted the facility to output signals, however I've found the user interface really unintuative. May be that I'm too used to the Saleae interface now. However, if I could only afford one it would be the Saleae Logic tool.

I've had one for a long time here and it has been great. The simple to use software is the best feature, though somewhat limited in terms of the protocol analysis. Only thing I would really like is more I/O. I'm finding it difficult debuging data busses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back