Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

safety of 230 v load

Status
Not open for further replies.

asbopardikar

hi ,
i want to make following circuit where all following conditions can be achieved in single circuit:
1)when push button is pressed , 230v bulb should get ON and remain ON , even when push button is released.
2)when 230v supply goes off, bulb will automatically go OFF.
3) But when 230 v supply resumes, bulb will not go ON , unless you press the push button once.
please guide me and give me circuit diagram.

This is a fairly standard circuit, usually refered to as a No Volt Relay or a No Volt Release.

See the attached sketch.

The Start PB has a normally open contact, the Stop PB has a normally closed contact, and the relay has a normally open contact.

When the Start PB is pressed, the relay is energised and the contacts close. The relay is now energised as long as the supply is present, or until the Stop PB is pressed.

JimB

Attachments

• No Volt Relay.PNG
    No Volt Relay.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 137
If you're implementing an emergency stop, you'll to buy a relay and a switch which pass the relevant safety standards in your jurisdiction so I think your best bet is to buy an approved emergency stop module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back