Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S-Video to RF Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesam Kamalan

Hi there,

I want to design a S-Video to RF converter. But i do't know is it possible or not. because i found a lot of products that convert S-Video to AV and then you must use AV to RF converter. It is so abnormal and i think it is better to convert S-Video to RF directly.

before i start to design it, i want to know what is your idea? what do you think about this plan?

Hi there,

I want to design a S-Video to RF converter. But i do't know is it possible or not. because i found a lot of products that convert S-Video to AV and then you must use AV to RF converter. It is so abnormal and i think it is better to convert S-Video to RF directly.

before i start to design it, i want to know what is your idea? what do you think about this plan?

Sorry, but it's completely impossible - you can't transmit S-Video over an RF link. You need to convert it to composite first (giving composite quality), and this is as simple as a single capacitor.

Well, it's not completely impossible, but it ain't easy. You would need a transmitter to carry two separate signals, the S-Video chroma and the luminance. This would require a separate subcarrier for one of the signals or two separate transmitter signals. Conceivable you could use two RF modulators for this if they broadcast on different frequencies. Then you would need receiver/demodulator circuits to convert the signals back to S-Video.

But S-Video doesn't get you the audio. You'd need a third transmitter for that, or combine it using a subcarrier on one of the other two.

All in all a rather complex task and hardly worth the effort..

Last edited:
You mean convert it to composite :p
OK,:rolleyes: it is a type of composite signal but not in the same sense as the normal video composite. It's still two entirely separate signals that can be readily separated back into the two S-Video components at the end. The components in a video composite signal can not be separated without elaborate signal processing and filter circuitry.

Thank you,

I think i have to design a circuit with three inputs (Y, C and audio from out pin) then modulate it - foreample under QFSK modulation - then transmit signals. then in reciver i have to separate back signals and demodulate it.

But i dn't want to designe another circuit for reciver. i want to recive signals with TV Antenna I want design only one circuit to get Video and audio of Computer signals then send signals through air and then this signal is ditected by TV antenna.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back