Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"S" Parameters on the Data Sheets???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuseless

Greetings RF Guys,

I need to design a "VHF Small Signal RF Amplifier" and am having a heck of a time finding descrete RF transistors and their data sheets that include the "S" parameters.

I like to design using "S" parameters because I can determine if the transistor will be unconditionally stable and what the maximum availible gain will be at a specific bias point.

Do the semiconductor manufacturers even supply data sheets with "S" parameters anymore?

:confused:

My guess is that they don't because folks assume that any given transistor will match or exceed whatever they print. In fact most folks who do this put the parts on a VNA and measure them so thye can get some idea of the distribution of the parameters. Most folks just can't seem to get their heads around the idea of a distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back