Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RX433C receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

arod

Could someone clarify for me what exactly the antenna ground is for this chip. I am using a piece of wire as the antenna. Should I be connecting antenna ground to the power ground?

Here is a link to the only datasheet available for the RX433C: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/02/RX433C.pdf

I also have a question about the HT12E. If I am just transmitting a simple signal (such as a high pulse if the PIR detects motion) using the HT12E, would it be correct to connect the PIR output to ADD8 and ground A0-A7,ADD9-ADD11? Also, if the TE trigger is permanently grounded, does this mean that the chip is HT12D is transmitting at all times?

Here is a link to the HT12E datasheet (Application circuit is page 12):
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/02/ht12e.pdf

I am having quite a time troubleshooting without an oscilloscope. I have read the datasheet several times and tried googling similar circuits with no luck.
side note: I am using the TX433 to transmit to the RX433.
Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was really tired last night and didn't post a schematic of everything. I have inserted schematics of everything. Your help is appreciated.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• receiver.JPG
    receiver.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 255
  • transmitter.JPG
    transmitter.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Does anyone know a quick check I might be able to do to see if the TX/RX pair work. I don't have access to an oscilloscope here at home, just a digital multimeter. I have confirmed that the encoder/decoder work by connecting them directly to one another and getting the correct output. The datasheet for the RX433C is very limited and I can't find any other outside information. Any bit of knowledge you guys might have is greatly appreciated.

I used the Q-kits TX433 and RX433 for an experiment. I bought the ceramic antenna from Mouser, it had only one connection and it worked great. If you use a single wire for the antenna, that is only 1/2 of it; the rest of the antenna is the ground wire and power supply. The best way is to calculate 1/4 wavelength for the antenna and if the range is not enuf, try making it longer and shorter. I used a parabolic reflector on the transmitter and got 1000 feet range.

For 433 mhz, the length of the wire should be around 35 cm, which is the length I had for the transmitter and receiver. I also had them on the same breadboard, so distance shouldn't have been a problem. I never got a single correct transmission. Whenever I measured the antenna's voltage with respect to ground it was always 0.000V and never changed. Even though I don't have an oscilloscope, I thought my digital multimeter would give me some kind of small reading at the antenna.

You can't measure ANYTHING on an aerial (particularly at UHF) with a multimeter, nor with a scope either.

You also can't use UHF radio modules on a breadboard, the manufacturers even advise against using veroboard - my tutorials remove the unused strips though and work fine (no different to making a PCB really).

So, how would you reccomend I set up this circuit? I have no experience with creating PCB or any type of non-breadboard application. I was hoping to get my feet wet with soldering to stripboard in this project once I was sure the circuit would work on the breadboard.

You can build it on perf board (available at Radio Shack). Keep all wires short as possible and connect the antenna directly to the output pin of the transmitter and input pin of the receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back