Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Russia has attacked Georgia!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found an excellent article explaining the situation:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Man I hate to do this to you, but that sounds like pure propaganda Bull you know what.

So tell us, you know this is propaganda how?

Oh, perhaps your latest secret personal satellite intel...

Lol, I just think you like painting the flowers the wrong color to keep the bee's buzzing...

Wonder what sort of conspiracy will blossom from this... Guess it was our fault for convincing the USSR to drop communism. From what I've read about it, the Russians are targeting anything, basically destroying everything in their path.

Lol, I hope he's not got confused with Georgia USA and eastern Europe. I've heard about yanks making that mistake before. :D

Oh and the USA didn't persuade the USSR to drop communism, they decided it for themselves.

Last edited:
Let's put it in perspective. American TV news this morning reported on the Olympics. Then the beautiful talking head said, "The other major development..." I was expecting to hear something really meaningful and was not disappointed. :rolleyes: The other "major" news was John Edwards' affair. Not a word about the war in Georgia.

Back to SV, no need to blame conspiracy, when simple ignorance and stupidity will do.

John

Your telechannels speak you a lie, Russia did not attack Georgia. At 00-06 Georgia has begun massive artillery fire across South Ossetia and continued it till the morning. Was lost about 2000 Russian citizens. We enter armies into Ossetia to protect Russian people and to stop a genocide of president Saakashvili.
"""As militarians have informed, the Georgian party shot on a motorcade which took out them from Tskhinvali, machines with wounded men have got under fire of the Georgian artillery. Bombardment has stopped only after on road Zarskoj of peacemakers have covered tanks. Wounds militarians have received during í«eó in streets югоосетинской capitals. Care of wounded men peacemakers not only doctors, but also inhabitants of South Ossetia who were protected by militarians. The refugees come to hospital to them, had time to leave a dangerous zone"""""

Last edited:
Your telechannels speak you a lie, Russia did not attack Georgia.

Don't take it personally, Space Varmint seems to just 'make things up', I don't think anyone here believes anything he posts - the UK news channels have been reporting what you said.

Good luck in the conflict, and I hope you stay safe - the last live report I saw a little while ago seemed to offer no hope of a speedy ceasefire :(

Let's put it in perspective. American TV news this morning reported on the Olympics. Then the beautiful talking head said, "The other major development..." I was expecting to hear something really meaningful and was not disappointed. :rolleyes: The other "major" news was John Edwards' affair. Not a word about the war in Georgia.

Back to SV, no need to blame conspiracy, when simple ignorance and stupidity will do.

John

Very well put John...cheers :D

Your telechannels speak you a lie, Russia did not attack Georgia. At 00-06 Georgia has begun massive artillery fire across South Ossetia and continued it till the morning. Was lost about 2000 Russian citizens. We enter armies into Ossetia to protect Russian people and to stop a genocide of president Saakashvili.
"""As militarians have informed, the Georgian party shot on a motorcade which took out them from Tskhinvali, machines with wounded men have got under fire of the Georgian artillery. Bombardment has stopped only after on road Zarskoj of peacemakers have covered tanks. Wounds militarians have received during í«eó in streets югоосетинской capitals. Care of wounded men peacemakers not only doctors, but also inhabitants of South Ossetia who were protected by militarians. The refugees come to hospital to them, had time to leave a dangerous zone"""""

If anybody read the article I posted it states just this. Russia was sent to protect the contested region while Georgia was trying to hold it.

If anybody read the article I posted it states just this. Russia was sent to protect the contested region while Georgia was trying to hold it.

Well now I would not doubt that. Our media is famous for speaking lies. It always turns out that what you hear in the begining is nothing like what actually happened. Take for instance 9/11. Within one hour they had names of everybody who supposedly did it. Didn't turn out that way at all.

Georgia would not begin a confrontation without support of the USA. The USA too should bear the responsibility for thousand victims [non-english deleted - moderator] languid appeals EC to stop aggression from both parties, reaction practically is absent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgia would not begin a confrontation without support of the USA. The USA too should bear the responsibility for thousand victims [non-english deleted - moderator] languid appeals EC to stop aggression from both parties, reaction practically is absent!

Why would the USA support this? I really have no idea as to whats been going on over there, what lead up to the attacks and confrontations in the first place. Perhaps, there is little reaction because it's unclear who provoked what, and it's being left to the two countries to settle this on their own, before anyone jumps into the middle of it, takes sides, and makes things worse. Seems sort of like the conflicts between Israel and Palestine over the Gaza strip.

Why would the USA support this? I really have no idea as to whats been going on over there, what lead up to the attacks and confrontations in the first place.

They wouldn't, and (as far as I'm aware) no such suggestion has been made - until now, and I think he's just made it up.

According to the BBC report (which I didn't pay that much attention to), Georgia attacked South Ossetia, supposedly because of a long standing dispute. South Ossetia appealed to Russia for help, who have supplied it, and at the moment there seems no sign of the fighting stopping.

There have been civilian casualties, but not for Space Varmints stupid suggestion, but caused by targetting of specific tactical sites - presumably bridges, power stations etc. It's a war, you don't just have little soldiers fighting each other off on their own - you flatten the infrastructure. Just look how the war in the Middle East went.

Keep the stick out of this pot and go beat some snakes elsewhere.

Well now I would not doubt that. Our media is famous for speaking lies. It always turns out that what you hear in the begining is nothing like what actually happened. Take for instance 9/11. Within one hour they had names of everybody who supposedly did it. Didn't turn out that way at all.

You started this thread because of the conflict in Georgia. Not to couple it with something that happened here in the U.S.

Have some empathy for the people and stop trying construe things to your perspective as unusual as it may be.

No offense Mr._ Varmint

kv:D

They wouldn't, and (as far as I'm aware) no such suggestion has been made - until now, and I think he's just made it up.

According to the BBC report (which I didn't pay that much attention to), Georgia attacked South Ossetia, supposedly because of a long standing dispute. South Ossetia appealed to Russia for help, who have supplied it, and at the moment there seems no sign of the fighting stopping.

There have been civilian casualties, but not for Space Varmints stupid suggestion, but caused by targetting of specific tactical sites - presumably bridges, power stations etc. It's a war, you don't just have little soldiers fighting each other off on their own - you flatten the infrastructure. Just look how the war in the Middle East went.

Thanks, haven't heard much of anything positive about Americans in Iraq in quite some time. The military has been trying to spare the civilians, and I think they have a lot more careful then any other country has been past or present. We are also spending a lot of money fixing what we bombed, not something most countries would do.

I think Russia and Georgia should be given a chance to work things out themselves, but if it is genocide, it should be stopped. Don't think that's what's going on, or the intent, somebody would have stepped in by now. News travels too fast these days, the internet is good for more then MP3s and adult media content (P-word keeps getting censored).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back