Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running Mini-Itx from battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am currently building a robot which has onboard Mini-Itx motherboard. Apart from this it has two 12v motors which draw about 500 ma each. I am powering this bot using a 12v 7.5 AH battery.Everything seems to be running fine except that sometimes when the load increases the motor draw excess current which ultimately results in voltage drop.Because of this my motherboard shuts down as it requires correct 12 volts to function. What could be the solution. I don't want to use two batteries.

Well. u have some MIPS on board , not so? Let the mobo throttle down the load if it sees a drop in Vdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back