Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

run a brushless motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejector

hello everyone, i need a circuit diagram that can run my brushless motor of my cd rom, at its ful speed. I intend to operate the circuit at 3.7v but i can afford any voltage. Thanks

thanks for the reply but isn't there a simple transistor,resistor and capacitor based circuit for this purpose?

thanks for the reply but isn't there a simple transistor,resistor and capacitor based circuit for this purpose?

In a word, nope. If you look at the figures in the link Jaguarjoe provided you will see what is involved in running a brushless motor like those found in discarded CD ROM drives. If you Google them "CD ROM Motor" you will find some videos, note the controllers used. There are some very good tutorials out there on hacking these abundant little motors but none are as simple as a few resistors, capacitors and transistors.

Ron

Hi,

Sometimes you can run a two phase motor with a capacitor of the right size because it causes a phase shift which is required for proper drive. You have to have an AC voltage source however to do it this way, not DC.

Hello, I've got two driver Ics. "BA6849FM" & "AN8480SBB". I got them from my two cd roms. I got them out of my cd rom rom But now i am getting how to connect this Ic to the Brushless motor so that it runs continuously. please help me Thanks

Hello Ron I read your post after a post post#6. But now Can you tell me How to use this IC? because i have these ICs right now But the Ic in the link "Jaguarjoe" sent,will have to be found first then impliment. so i want to use these ICs.

Thanks

A good start with getting familiar would be to read the data sheets for what you have. Both data sheets show examples.

Read this data sheet and then move along and read this data sheet.

Be aware that what you want to do though not real difficult is also not real easily done. It takes time and learning to understand what is going on and how the chips are driven. These are things you should be aware of. If you are just starting with electronics, there is much to learn.

Ron

hello Ron, today i tried with AN8084SNN ic to run my brushless motor but failed. I provided the ic with 5v Vcc and ground, connected three wires of brushless motor to pin 26,27,28 and 12v motor supply on pin 21 and on 22 pin 10 was connect to 5v. Pin 20 was connected to ground though 0.1uf capacitor. After all these, the motor was not running. Am i lacking with some thing?

Among my thoughts are no feedback from the hall effect sensors in the motor? While I understand the motor workings I am not sure about the chip. Today I went to the junk pile and dragged out an old CD ROM drive and took it apart. Interesting collection in there of parts. My driver chip was different, mostly Sony junk in this thing. Anyway, aside from the hall sensor feedback there may be a need for signals on other pins like the torque pin? I really don't know.

Maybe another forum member has been there and done that with thoughts to share.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back