Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 to Compact Flash to interface my circuit w/ Pocket PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaKandEKid

have a circuit that has a serial data stream output. I'd like to use the Compact Flash port on my pocket pc as a serial port thus allowing my device to communicate with the pocket pc through a com port.

An easy solution would be to get a compact flash to rs232 card and then just hook a cable up to my device. But, i'm developping an application demo which i'd rather not have to have my device sloppily connected using a cable and double sided tape to the back of the pda.

I read the spec sheet for CF and i'm confused by what i'd need to do with most of the i/o pins and configuration registers.

I've found a lot of information on how to hook up a PIC to a CF Card. But, my application is a little more complicated since i need to interface with a CF Host controller that's on the Pocket PC. If anyone has any information on how to do this please let me know.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back