Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rs232 protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyana

hello guys.
hope ur all having a goodtime. me not really.
I am working on an rs485 picmicro system basically just a basic system.
the thing is i have little experience progranmming.
I need software help in writing the progran controlling the RTS line of the serial port.like when i send a byte it will set the RTS line to put my rs485 driver in oput modeand then reset say after 20 ms or so,9600bps,8n.
any support will appriciate.
thanks in advance.
have good everybody.

Can't you use an output port pin to control your RS485 driver (which in turn controls the RS485 line)? Then use one of the timers to reset the output pin?

Windows Auto RTS control for 485 communications

:wink:

I know a driver that works with Windows 95 and 98:
- Look at http://www.integrityusa.com/downloads.asp
- Download RS485NT.zip and RS485_95.zip files

RS485_95 works very well in Windows 98. It controls RTS line without delay that you explain.

I have been trying to use RS485NT at Windows XP with Visual Basic 5.0 but it doesn't work.

Could someone help me ?

I need a driver, or dll, or ActiveX that control RTS line automaticaly at Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back