Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 or USB to Ethernet converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on that right now... I don't have anything finish..... you would think is easier than it sounds.... but in fact is more complicated.

:!: Things you should know..... TCP/IP UDP how the whole ethernet works... with is IP address and different protocols.... network understanding..... DHCP, statics IP address.... and a whole bunch of stuff.....

So depending on what you are trying to do it is all relative.... you can buy a module and be done with it or do it the fun way and get down to bussines..... I would tell you where I am at... but then again I would not want to spoil the fun for you, would I?..... it's just like telling someone the end of a movie they want to watch :wink: :twisted:

Good Luck

Ivancho

before you delve into the world of embeded ethernet, have a play with making "raw sockets" in your favourate language, in windows the security system can sometimes be a pain, under *nix its much easyer to open up a raw socket and 'play' making tools to detect rDoS attacks on your gateway etc.

I will try n drive out some code for my "Wake On LAN" activator, making that was quite a grounding in sub TCP/IP ethernet for me, its kinda old and my C was embrassing then but it does the job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back