Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 compatible radio transceiver module for PIC suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkshima

Hi all,

Can someone suggest me a cheap RS232 compatible radio transceiver module for PIC ?

If not transceiver then RS232 compatible RF TX/RX modules ?

thanks

Re: RS232 compatible radio transceiver module for PIC sugges

pkshima said:
Hi all,

Can someone suggest me a cheap RS232 compatible radio transceiver module for PIC ?

thanks
No you can't directly interface Hardware USART and wireless transceiver. The signal that is being sended by transceiver has to have equal number of 1's and 0's in it. Therefore look for some type of Manchester encoding...

Jay.slovak said:
pkshima said:
Hi all,

thanks
No you can't directly interface Hardware USART and wireless transceiver. The signal that is being sended by transceiver has to have equal number of 1's and 0's in it. Therefore look for some type of Manchester encoding...

That's why he asked for RS232 compatible, most manufacturers make modules with encoders/decoders built in, allowing you to send standard RS232 data.

You might try checking RF Solutions, they make a number of such RS232 modules.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Jay.slovak said:
pkshima said:
Hi all,

thanks

That's why he asked for RS232 compatible, most manufacturers make modules with encoders/decoders built in, allowing you to send standard RS232 data.

You might try checking RF Solutions, they make a number of such RS232 modules.
Ups sorry, I though he wants to interface RS-232 compatible controller and transceiver module :oops: :oops: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back