Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDY

I am trying to find an RS232 buffer IC. I can only find the level shifters from TTL to RS232 but not one that is able to receive RS232 and spit RS232 as well. Pretty much a repeater.

I am trying to MUX 2 serial ports (all 9 pins) with the least parts. One of the serial ports has TTL outputs going thru an RS232 inverter, and the other is a normal RS232 serial port. Both are going to single RS232 port.

:idea: Any ideas anyone?

Tdy

if you take your RS232 input, convert that to TTL, then you can mux the two TTL serial signals and convert the output back to RS232.

with a normal MAX232 you get two TX and two RX, so you could implement both conversions in one chip, then you'd just have to handle the TTL mux.

Thanks evandude,

I did that, I used a Sipex SP213EHCA to conver the RS232 to TTL and then link together the two TTL signals and spit them out through another Sipex. :lol:

But I thought that there could be a better solution than having to shift the level twice to gain acces to an "enable" line for the RS232 lines.

Any other Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back