Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Row of switches that will only allow 1 to be on at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see by the title, I'm looking for a way to have a row of switches where only 1 can be on at a time.

They'll need to be 3PDT and hold at least 4. I've had a look but it's SO hard to find.

More info:

Essentially, what needs to happen is when you push one down and then push another one down, the previous switch pops back up.

If this can't be found mechanically, is there a way to simulate this with various components and maybe momentary switches?
This is a strictly analogue project as it's for a strictly analogue friend. ^_^

They are called interlocking switch assembly. Quite common on push-button switch assemblies.
A diagram for an electronic version is attached

Hmm, somehow I can not add an attachment. Send me a PM and I email you the schematic. E

They are called interlocking switch assembly. Quite common on push-button switch assemblies.
A diagram for an electronic version is attached

Hmm, somehow I can not add an attachment. Send me a PM and I email you the schematic. E

Thanks, I'll PM you now. :)

What voltage/current do the switches have to switch? Bandwidth? Any limitations on the power supply for this circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back