Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Role of diode in a circuit with coil

Status
Not open for further replies.
A superconductor is just a wire (or whatever) with zero resistance. The current through it can be limited by other (non-superconducting) components, e.g., a resistor.

i think the subject of superconductors was brought up as a ring or an inductor with a short across it. i think superconductors should be treated as a special case. otherwise you end up with "impossible" calculations involving division by zero.

i think the subject of superconductors was brought up as a ring or an inductor with a short across it. i think superconductors should be treated as a special case. otherwise you end up with "impossible" calculations involving division by zero.
I don't see the need for a special case. It still works. Finite current can flow through zero ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back