Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robotics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentrol

Hey, here's my problem:
I have an assignment, and the i have 2 problems that are killing me, but for now I want to address this one ---> "Draw the complete schematic for the current limiting, computer controlled, motor controller, including all circuit modifications."

The problem I'm having is (apart from the having not reference material to fall back to) is we've only used comparators, NPN transistors and relays to control DC motors but the lectures on how to use them properly is poorly taught so i'm left figuring it out on the spot.

We have been fiddling with some programming in C, using Turbo C.

The parts available are:
Parallel port (DB25)
LM339
2N3904
1N4001
Relay DPDT
Various Resistors values
and of course the motor.

This is the best I can do to explain where i am with this problem. All any any help is appreciated! Cheers, mates=D.

Tackle the problem step by step.

This link https://zebu.uoregon.edu/~rayfrey/431/notes6.pdf shows how to build a constant current source using an NPN transistor.

The problem statement did not specify what type of motor or controller.

At the most simple level you could use the parallel port to control the relay which would switch the constant current source to the motor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back