Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robotics ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenshuttle

I m making a robot head which can move his head, blink his eyes in a random way (as if he was a normal human sitting in the room). I am trying to get 4 servo motors to move randomly every few seconds. 2 of them control robot neck. and two move eye lids and eyeball. The random pulse circuit feeds from a microfone picking sounds from the room. and another one picking changing light condition in the room..both did not give successful results simply because if the room is empty, so sound or light change and no response from the servo's. can anyone suggest a method to give the 4 servo's a random movement seperate from each other? :D

...........wat about a fast counter, with a odd timed latch (still not simpler)

but if your getting into the robots, learn the chips, and spend the 30$ for the programmer, its worth it, if your not using one now i can imagine your schematic........

its a cool idea, but you need to get the parts in motion first, prolly with a controller too.....

Thanks

Thanks alot for the advice. I think its time 2 learn to MCU's. and PIC's; but which one do u think is easier to learn ? I stumbled across an italian system called nutchip; so simple relying on truth table; but it has a problem with expandability...

THANKS to these guys i ended up getting a pickit2 programmer and a demo board with a 16F886 chip which im really happy with...

my choice was to program with GREAT COW BASIC, since i know basic language anyway, plus it has command blocks, so its all cut and paste.....

well close,.....most of the command structure is there, then it has field boxes for the variables.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back