Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robotic obstacle detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Hi!
I am doing a project on robotic obstacle detection. I need sensors that can be used for the robot to be able to detect objects from a distance.Please give me the sensor numbers and their costs.

well i cant give you any numbers or costs but sensors wat you must look for are ir sensors and ultrasonic sensors. ultrasonic sensors sensors are better but they cost more.

I have come across an IR receiver-sensor TPOS 1738. But its range is 35m. But thats the one that is readily availabl here. Do u think it can work for a lower range by making some modifications?

Hi!

35m is with a high current pulsed IR led from a tv selector. With reflexion, 35m is impossible. The distance is adjustable directly by the current passing trough your IR led.

TSOP 1738

I need help for using this IR Receiver TSOP 1738 as a range-finder.Will its sensitivity differ at different frequencies? Please suggest me some good website where I can find guidance.

Hi
Your website is in a language, I cannot understand. Please tell me how to translate it in English. Also please specifically answer the question " Can TSOP 1738 be used as a rangefinder?"

hi,
i am new here. i want to use ultrasonic sensors..... for obstacle detection. i have thought of using acroname's ...SRF08 for my work....
i want to use the data provided by the rangefinder, in a c++ program and use it in a path planning algorithim. can anybody help me regarding this.... i am giving a statement of the problem i am dealing, here...

The problem is defined below...
I have to mount the sensor in a Wheeled Mobile Robot.
Given an initial and final posture of the vehicle, that the robot
has to reach in an environment having unknown obstacles. The
obstacles r randomly scattered n the vehicle has no prior knowledge
of them. The vehicle has to sence the obstacles and their distance so
that the distance data can be used to decide the path on the basis of
that information. For this the distance measurement has to be done
from a reasonable distance with good accuracy. The sensor will be
mounted on a servo to loacate its angular orientation with respect to
the reference orientation. This way, the vehicle will move on the
basis of the sensor data till it reaches the destination point.
I guess my usage of the meter is quite clear. So anyone, who has
worked on a similar thing can please help me. I want a very accurate
sonar, which could communicate with the computer through serial port.
I want to use the data in a C++ program. So a good tutorial is also
needed.

Please also tell me, which method of distance measurement is more suitable. I do not want to use vision. If you have any specific technique, please let me know.

Subhasis

Can you please further elaborate on how TSOP 1738 can be used as a rangefinder? Will its output change at different frequencies?Will its sensitivity change at different freuencies? Will it be able to detect obstacles at different distances at different frequencies?

Check out this link

**broken link removed**

There is a graph of receiver sensitivity of TSOP1740 on it.
The graph shows that receiver sensitivity varies with frequency. Can you give me more information related to this?

obstacle detector

sir,u have given programme for servo motor but ihave used dc motor of 100 rpm.can i use dc motor of 300rpm?..... for that how many sensors(I.R.) i have to used.reply

the obstacle detection block doesnt have to do anything with the rpm of the motor.
The link I gave, you need to learn only the IR obstacle detection part.
For the main drive using dc motors, search and study "H-Bridge". Use an IC like L298D.

Sir,I want to construct a line follower.
So please tell me the components require for it along with their ratings.
Also provide me with detailed procedure & neccesory circuit diagrams.

Why dont you google for it Gaurav ?

The internet is flooded with detailed designs, pictures etc. of line followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back