Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

robot sensors; reach target but fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

LameMe

hi,

my project is on a mobile robot. this project is to allow the robot to move following a line or any other approach, as long as it reach the target point and time reach is taken into consideration for marking purposes.:confused: Could anyone tell me, instead of using line follower sensor, is there any other kind of sensor i could use to my mobile robot so that i can reach to the target point in a short time? thanks:D

You mean like GPS? Or an infrared beacon where it just follows the light (does not work around corners).

GPS might be expensive to be applied on a course project.im thinking of using encoder on my robot...would it be faster n reliable than programming the robot to follow the line?:confused:

YOu can get really good tiny GPS modules with antennas and lots of stuff built in for about $90. Whether that is expensive for you or not is all relative. THe accuracy is about 10m which may or may not be accurate enough for you. An encoder is not as accurate as following a line because wheels slips.

Yes, that is the GPS I was talking about.

Compasses are affected by local magnetic fields (and it takes more interpretation of the readings since it measures the component of earth's magnetic field rather than just a NSWE reading). So you probably only want one if you are outdoors away from large metal things...also compasses can are affected by local magnetic fields. Here The Micromag magnetometers seem good. This website also has the GPS module you found:

https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?cPath=23_83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back