Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot Controlled via WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

i have a robot with 4 wheels and i need to wireless control it via WiFi, i can build network programs with C# ( server and client and so on ), my problem is i don't want to place a acomputer on my robot , so i thought of using the new microchip product ENC28J60 SPI.

actually i don't know how , i can interface my robot to my computer using the parralel port but i don't know how to control it with this chip sepcailly that i intend to use a wireless Ethrenet Card ,

Please Help.

ALi

Yeah, wifi would basically require a computer on the remote device. Unless you can find a small wifi module. I'm going to hazzard a guess that the latency on zigbee is going to be lower.

Depending on you budget you can get WiFi to RS232 servers that are pretty small. The show you like a TCP port on the server side so I would guess that they are prety easy to use.

Here is an example: **broken link removed**

I have used simirar devices that do ethernet to RS-232 with great sucess.

kingpin094

u can use wifi modules .. placed these modules on ur robot (serial interface modules) and thts it.. u r done. u can cntrll ur robot via ur laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back