Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot Building for Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

My review:
Robot Building for Beginners
David Cook
Apress Publishing
568 pages

Catagory
Robot Building/Basic Electronics

Description
Although this book states on the cover "Robot Building for Beginners", this book covers everything that a absolute beginner to electronics will ever need. I mean EVERYTHING! If you are a noob to electronics, and want to build a robot, this is for you. It includes very in-depth information about every part that you will use in your robot, which he named Sandwich. He includes information on where to buy parts and what to get. It even includes experiments on a new part that you learn about, and he experiments a lot on it. Very helpful it you are having trouble understanding how a part works, which he explains.

My Review
I really enjoyed the humor and how he explained everything he does. He is a good author and has even more on his website, which he updates weekly. He does a good job using information, and makes sure it makes sense. I could not find any spelling errors or mistakes, which is remarkable. He is well spoken and the info is presented well. He also includes lots of pictures. There are also tables inside which include where to get parts, what company, and price. There were only a few bad parts to the book.

Bad Part 1.
Some of the math in the book he does isnt explained fully.

Bad Part 2.
The prices are old (but are updated on the website www.robotroom.com, and just email him and say its urgent and he will give you the secret website, www.robotroom.com/sandwichstuff).

Bad point 3. Not all parts in the book are easily accessible, for example the tubing for the connectors.

Other than that the good definately outweigh the bad, like a elephant outweighting a peice of paper, to put it into perspective.

My Rating
It would be criminal to not rate this book above a 8, so i give it a
9/10

Purchase Link
www.robotroom.com
then click on the picture of the book, and scroll down until you see "click here to purchase yours today!"

This is a pretty good book. Perfect for any beginner even if you dont want to build the robot, but I reccomend you do.

The link to the home webpage still works, it's just the link to the "secret website" that doesn't work. There's plenty of info acessable from the homepage.

there are libraries you know, if you don't want to pay, I borrowed this book from mine. I thought it was just ok, but if you don't know anything about electronics at all it could be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back