Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Roasted components on PowerColor Ati 9700 Pro video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpj

I'm a stupid boy.

I burned 2 components on my card located under an alu passive cooler sizing approximatively 1 x 0,14 inch (L x l) and located near the fan connector.

When i remove the cooler, i broke the 2 others similar components !!!

I can see on the component :
IOR 3440
2X7X
But, i'm not sure. It's very difficult to read.

Is there someone to help me in order to know what are these components, which manufacturer is it, where can i find them, is it possible to change ?

Thank you very much.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Attachments

• Carte.jpg
    Carte.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 927
The IOR point of your IC definition seems very similar to the International rectifier IC's, where the "O" is actually an image of a diode symbol used in electronic schematics. If you can make this symbol out, you have an International Rectifier IC.

Because the IC's that are damaged are surface mount packages, you'll run into a bit of difficulty with un-soldering and soldering a new surface mount IC, because the pins are so small and close together. I tend to steer clear of surface mount IC's when soldering because of the difficulty. Nevertheless, the task is do-able.

Also, if you need to know what the IC's are, go to a store that sells this board and see if you are able to take a look at the new board. You'll then be able to identify the correct part numbers. Though, I doubt most stores will allow you to take the product out of the packing just to look at the board. You may get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back