Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RLC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomas632

Hi, I have a quick question on RLC circuits. I have been asked to obtain the expression for the response time of an RLC circuit. I am fine with using laplace and getting the transfer function of this series RLC circuit, but am unsure on how to find the response time. I know that the response time of an RC circuit is R*C, but I thought that the inductor would affect this. Could someone offer some suggestions?

The transfer function I calculated for the series RLC circuit was 1/LCs^2 + RCs + 1

Hi, I have a quick question on RLC circuits. I have been asked to obtain the expression for the response time of an RLC circuit. I am fine with using laplace and getting the transfer function of this series RLC circuit, but am unsure on how to find the response time. I know that the response time of an RC circuit is R*C, but I thought that the inductor would affect this. Could someone offer some suggestions?

The transfer function I calculated for the series RLC circuit was 1/LCs^2 + RCs + 1

hi,
This explains it OK.
Circuit Theory/RLC Circuits - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...t&rls=com.yahoo:en-GB:official&client=firefox

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back