Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rigging PCB EXPosure lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bitem2k said:
What do i need to make a lighting tube work and where do i get the equipment from?

thanks

Hi, I guess this is related to the PCB exposure question.
Firstly what country are you in? The control gear and suppliers can vary quite a bit.
If you are using an insect killer tube (these are the best commonly available tubes for the task, followed by the Blacklight) or blacklight, they use exactly the same control gear as a standard fluorescent lamp of the same size. So if you buy a 15W insect or blacklight tube, just go to an electrial or hardware store and buy a 15W fitting and change the tube for the UV one.
In the UK Maplin sell a compact fluorescent blacklight that just plugs in a regular light socket, I've also seen these in the USA (Fry's).
Blacklights typically take 2 to 4 times as long to expose the PCB compared to insect tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back