Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ribbon cable quickie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gifford

Would this ribbon cable... **broken link removed**

...fit this socket...

**broken link removed**

obviously i would have to get the right amount of strands, but i dont know much about pitch n stuff??

Thanks.

If you don't have the correct tool you can still press the connector halves together. The main thing to be aware of is keeping the connector halves lined up and press at an even rate untill they snap together.. :D

gerty said:
If you don't have the correct tool you can still press the connector halves together. The main thing to be aware of is keeping the connector halves lined up and press at an even rate untill they snap together.. :D

Thanks both.

Would you say it is 'tricky' to do? I need to make 250 of these, would you recommend the tool?

For 250 I would reccomend the tool, for one or two ,no. The up side is if you get the tool now you'll have it for future projects... :D

depends on how many cables u need. if it a 10 way then u cud just used pliers but for larger connectors u will need summit to press all of the connectorat the same time. u cud always use a vice

andrew2022 said:
depends on how many cables u need. if it a 10 way then u cud just used pliers but for larger connectors u will need summit to press all of the connectorat the same time. u cud always use a vice

It would be 20, think I will invest in one of these tools, just found one for £7.99, which is cheaper than I imagined.

Just one more quick Q, does anyone know where I can get a surface mount version of one of these box headers... **broken link removed**
or have you ever seen one? do they exist?

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back