Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB lights and color controller reversed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomak73

Hi,
I'm trying to install some RGB lights in my car. They connect to a color controller with a remote so I can choose whatever color I want. However, it seems the power in the controller runs in the opposite direction that the power in the lights do.
My dad says the lights are the wrong polarity for the controller, and the lights are reverse polarity protected so I can't just switch the wires around.
Is there any way I can get this to work?

The lights are the million flexible LED lights from oznium.com, and the controller is this one: https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Contr...ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1308114216&sr=1-6.

Thanks! If there's no solution, maybe someone knows where to get cheap lights that work in the same polarity?

If the LED strips are wired with one wire for the negatives of all three LED colours, and the controller is expecting the positives to be on one wire, you cannot get them to work by swapping wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back