Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB LED outdoor accent lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgolpmp

Hello

I am a electrician that is installing led lights on a major highway in my town to accent the underside of the bridges and started thinking about how I can do this at home. These lights are from Martin and put out some 140 watts. I believe there are 3 different colored LEDs in the lights, but I am not sure. There appears to be 54 or so LEDs. How can I do this at home? I would like to have numerous lights all changing colors, but all be the same color. Computer controlled to slowly change??? What would I need to do this???

Please help a dumb electrician!!!!

Thanks
Andy

PWM is the most common, using a microcontroller. You could also do it straight of the PC. Since I don't know what you have on hand, what you work with, well basically don't know what you can do. But I can tell you there are literally hundreds of RGB moodlight projects posted all over the web. I'm happy with the Attiny13 version I put together (stole the code, fixed a little). Suggest you hit the search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back