Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB LED music sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexHex

Im in the process of making a lamp that has three LEDs. Red, Green, and Blue each attached to a 10k Pot to adjust their brightness. I want it to have a switch that makes it go from being simply on to flashing to the beat of music. I was able to accomplish this by combining these two instructables a few nights ago but the one that makes it flash to the beat didnt work by the morning.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Si...tiometer-Without-M/step2/The-Circuit-Diagram/

https://www.instructables.com/id/Music-LED-Light-Box/step6/Building-the-circuit/

( I modified them a bit to work together )

Through my research I found this sight and audioguru's help on someones similar project. He recommended this schematic to the previous person wondering why the TIP31 would not work. (it works for a very small amount of time)

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/led-music-pulses-layout-png.8266/

I have it all together but am about to run to radio shack to buy the 10 ohm resistor. Does anyone have any input on this project? maybe you think it wont work and could give me input on how to fix it up a bit. Its crucial that the color changes by the POTs but I really want to include this "beat light effect" on a switch.

-Rex

If you're saying that it starts off working ok but then fails the problem may be (1) the battery is flat or failing or (2) the polarity of one or both electrolytic capacitors is reversed or (3) the 10k pot is not set correctly (as the battery voltage drops the 10k pot will need to be adjusted to compensate).

If you're saying that it starts off working ok but then fails the problem may be (1) the battery is flat or failing or (2) the polarity of one or both electrolytic capacitors is reversed or (3) the 10k pot is not set correctly (as the battery voltage drops the 10k pot will need to be adjusted to compensate).
No.
My circuit (the 3rd one) works perfectly when built on a stripboard. The OP has never seen stripboard so he doesn't know which connects to what.

The first two circuits are Instructables designed by a 10 years old kid who knows NOTHING about electronics.
The second circuit blows up the sound source, the transistor, the LEDs and the power supply because it does not limit the currents with a few resistors and maybe a diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back