Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB adustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

exect

Hi,
I am a retired TV engineer and have been trying to set the RGB drive and background controls on my Sony KDL40D3500 LCD TV. I find that they do not seem to react in the same way as with a CRT. Can anyone give me a rough guide as to a setup procedure?
Regards
Exect

Why do you feel the urge to change them?, they are set on very expensive computerised equipment against accurate standards during manufacture.

I'm a Sony authorised LCD/Plasma engineer, and I've never found any need to touch them - I seem to have a vague memory of it been mentioned on the training course?, but mostly as not to be touched unless you have the required gear.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
My reasons for attempting to adjust it are, at low contrast levels the flesh tones take on a mauve/pink colour and none of the customer adjustments will compensate for this. The greyscale as delivered lacked green. If Sony use this expensive equipment to set these levels I fail to understand why all of the drives are set to an equal level and all of the background controls are also equal. Could my set have missed the setup process?
Regards
Exect

Thank you for your prompt reply.
My reasons for attempting to adjust it are, at low contrast levels the flesh tones take on a mauve/pink colour and none of the customer adjustments will compensate for this. The greyscale as delivered lacked green. If Sony use this expensive equipment to set these levels I fail to understand why all of the drives are set to an equal level and all of the background controls are also equal. Could my set have missed the setup process?

Possibly?, or the memory may have got corrupted?.

From what you say the set is new then?, why not get it sorted out under warranty?.

Hi,
I suppose I will probably have to go down the waranty route, but unless someone looks at it properly there is a chance that they will say "within normal limits" and I will be charged.
Thanks Again
Regards
Exect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back