Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFP50N06 N-Channel Mosfet replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacr0n

Hey all... Im toying around with this circuit and need to find another mosfet that I can buy locally. I broke a lead off and can no longer use it.
**broken link removed**

There's a radio shack close by and they seem to have a few mosfets there but i don't know which one will work with my circuit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks much

I doubt you're going to find something that can hit 50 amps at radio shack, last time I was there the only power fet they carried was an IRF510 and those are only good for 4 amps.
Digikey will certainly have a wide selection of fet's to chose from but you'll pay as much for shipping as you would the fet if you're only buying one.
What are you driving with this? 50 amps is an awful lot of current. The P channel fet with the common ground looks like a slightly better circuit as well. P channels generally have lower current handling for the same price but so you might spend an extra buck or two on a P channel of equivilant current handling.

Driving a tiny heating element that only demands about 10 amps..

The power source is a 100 amp 12v power supply.

So my best bet would be to just buy a handful of them then?

You'd need three or four of them, it'd probably be cheaper to buy 1 20+amp rated one from Digikey, even with shipping.

We might be able to help you find a source if you tell us where you are.

I shop on eBay where a lot of places have low (or no) shipping charges in addition to great prices.

Yeah... I just looked on eBay and its ridiculously cheap for a whole pack of them... I think ill just get some there.

Thanks again.

Your cross-reference is an ECG/NTE2395 MOSFET, rated at 50 amps with a pinout of "GDS" and tab connected to "D". I recommend against paralleled connections, as one defective MOSFET can destroy an entire circuit, including its power supply. Safety first with this application.

Last edited:
RFP30P06 MOS-P-FETe V-MOS, 60V, 30A, 120W, <65mΩ(30A)

RFP50N06 could be replaced with BUK556-60

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back