Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rfid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwist

I'm about to start a project involving RFID, radio frequency identification. I was wondering if anyone here has done any extensive work in the area. Does anyone have any helpful links or book suggestions to point me in the right direction? I was browsing online for some books but don't want to spend a lot on a book that does not offer a good amount of information.

Well, thanks!

notwist said:
I'm about to start a project involving RFID, radio frequency identification. I was wondering if anyone here has done any extensive work in the area. Does anyone have any helpful links or book suggestions to point me in the right direction? I was browsing online for some books but don't want to spend a lot on a book that does not offer a good amount of information.

Well, thanks!
I've been tossing around the idea of building my own reader; Microchip has some application notes about RFID theory, etc.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

What are you planning on doing with RFID?

Yes. I am a practicing RF Engineer working on generation 2 and 3 EPC class RFID systems.

Books I have and Recommend:

1: RFID Sourcebook by Sandi Lahiri-excellent beginner's book

2: RFID Handbook by Klaus Finkenzeller-more indepth, for intermediates

3: Broadband microstrip Antennas by Girish Kumar and K.P Ray-advanced concepts, requires strong background in electromagnetics and microwave network analysis.

4: ARRL Handbook 2006-Get 2008 or any other recent version. good book on solid rf engineerng principles.

RFID is a complex and broad discipline. Exactly what do you have in mind? Are you a college guy looking for a senior design pprject? I can help very much. Pm if interested.

A friend of mine played around with them, one thing I remember is that the data was Manchester Code, dont know if this is standard for all rfid devices, but it wouldn't hurt to read up on it just in case.

Yep, it's a senior design project. I was talking with my advisor and was told that basically, the first step is to decide at what distance the tags would have to be read. And from there, the frequency at which the system operates can be chosen. Are there premade IC RFID tags?

theinfamousbob said:
I've been tossing around the idea of building my own reader; Microchip has some application notes about RFID theory, etc.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

What are you planning on doing with RFID?
THanks for the links! Though it would be nice to also have information on Active RFID tags as well. These documents will be of great use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back