Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"RFID Remote Car Entry System"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomi230

"RFID Remote Car Entry System"

This is a remote car entry system which uses a RFID transponder to communicate with the car, telling it to unlock itself. This Civic went from manual locks to having power locks that think for themselves. Complete car security system, very cool. Complete How-To follows:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I was thinking of doing something like this, but I would make my design so that the doors would unlock when I got within 2-3 feet of the car. (no swiping a card over anything.)
I would also want to rig up a push button start/stop for the engine. The button would also be enabled when I was close to the car. (The steering wheel lock would require some modification for this.)
doing it this way, I could just walk up to my car get in, push a button, and off I go.

Sounds like a possible senior design project :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back